In this post I have compiled my favourite ways I regularly use to create thicker hair.
- Take care of your hair. Always look after your hair by using conditioning treatments regularly and cut down on heat styling products.
- Curl your hair, either using a heated tool or rollers/curlers. I also have tons of heatless curls tutorials on my pinterest.
- Wear messy hairstyles. Such as buns or braids as will create the illusion of more volume.
- Backcomb. I don't do this everyday but if my hair is looking very flat I will use this. Don't over do this one as too much vigorous backcombing can seriously damage the hair.
- Don't apply conditioner to the roots/tops or your hair, as this will weigh fine hair down, loosing any volume it has.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo. Everybody knows this product and it is a staple for many. It sorts out your greasy roots, adds volume and creates texture all-in-one.
- Texturizing sprays. My favourites are-VO5 plump it up dry backcombing spray and Fudge Urban crisp pear & sweet vanilla texture spray. Both of these products work brilliantly at adding texture to the hair, creating volume and making the hair easier to style.
- Volumizing spray/mousse. My favourites are-Sammy Fat Hair amplifying spray and Sammy Fat Hair amplifying mousse (both of these are currently on a better than half price offer too). Applied to damp hair, these products will create and hold more volume in the hair.
These are my tips to create fuller, thicker hair. What are your tips and tricks? If you like any tutorials/ reviews on anything mentioned in this post please let me know in the comments.